Welcome Dr. Stephan Blinder as the new BIC PET physicist on staff

Dear BIC Community:

Please join me in welcoming Dr. Stephan Blinder as the new BIC PET physicist on staff.
Stephan completed his PhD in Astrophysics (U de Bordeaux I, France) and later shifted his interest towards biomedical imaging research. He worked for 4 years with the MIRG group led by Dr. Anna Celler (U of British Columbia, Vancouver) on SPECT imaging, focusing on 3D and 4D image reconstruction techniques.
In 2004, he joined the PET group led by Dr. Vesna Sossi at UBC, developing 12+ years of experience in PET imaging. He worked with several technologies of small-animal and human scanners, including the rather unique High-Resolution Research Tomograph (HRRT), and the CTI/Siemens microPET, both are instruments in the BIC’s portfolio.

Stephan has tremendous expertise in PET/SPECT data acquisition, image processing and analysis, also in hardware. We’ll be sharing his expertise with our friends and colleagues at Concordia PERFORM. For any related question or inquiry please contact him directly [stephan.blinder@mcgill.ca].

Dr. Stephan Blinder

Again, please join me in wishing Stephan a warm welcome at the BIC!

Sylvain Baillet, PhD
Professor & Acting Director, McConnell Brain Imaging Centre
Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University