New MEG camera

We finally received the last piece I needed to install a new patient monitor camera in the MEG. I did a quick test and everything works, so I’m really happy. It was difficult to find a camera with the right features and other parts at a reasonable price, so if someone else is looking for something similar please contact me.

I’ll post pictures once I’ve installed it.

From a user point of view, nothing changes: you just need to turn the screen on and off.

This is our camera setup:

1. Smar CCTV AHD 4MP Camera, with visible and IR modes, integrated IR LEDs & IR cut filter.
    Switching modes (visible or IR) displaces the filter which causes an artefact in the MEG, so switches should be avoided during recordings.
    There are a few steel screws inside the camera, but there was no artefact from them and my attempt at replacing them with glue did not maintain good alignment of parts and degraded image quality.
    Screenshot_2023-11-21_11-36-16

2. CCTV 10 m cable with video BNC, audio RCA, and power
    The audio was noisy with this cable despite having it in a shielded zipper tube so didn’t use it for our intercom audio.
    Screenshot_2023-11-21_11-40-17

3. NK-T8 AHD/TVI/CVI/CVBS to HDMI converter adapter