Invitation to Sociological survey about neuroscience

Sociologist Giulia Anichini is a friend of the BIC, and is inviting researchers of all levels to take part in research about the practices and perceptions in neuroscience. For anyone who is interested, she will set up a one-hour meeting where a survey will be conducted. Please see further details below, and contact Dr. Anichini at giulia.anichini@ehess.fr to set up a meeting time. Thanks

I am a post-doctoral student and I’m currently working at CIRST (Interuniversity Center for Science and Technology Research). I am an anthropologist and realized my thesis on brain mapping practices and on the way in which researchers produce their results (based on MRI data from experiments or databases). I would like to focus my post-doctoral research on the digital infrastructures by which data are stored, organized and processed to understand the material, economic and social context that shapes the study of the brain. I’m looking for researchers (of all levels) to participate in a sociological survey on the use of databases in neuroscience. Volunteers will be invited for an initial interview (of approximately one hour) which might be followed by further meetings according to availability. Interviews will address topics such as: issues related to database design; collaboration between researchers and curators; data-sharing practices and new standards for the circulation of knowledge. Scientists who are interested in participating are invited to contact me at this address: giulia.anichini@ehess.fr
Thank you in advance for your collaboration

Je suis post-doctorante et je travaille actuellement au CIRST (Centre interuniversitaire de recherche sur la science et la technologie). Je suis anthropologue et j’ai fait ma thèse sur les pratiques de cartographie du cerveau et sur la manière dont les chercheurs produisent leur résultats (à partir de données issues d’expériences ou des bases de données). Je voudrais maintenant focaliser ma recherche sur les infrastructures numériques par lesquelles les données sont stockées, organisées et traitées pour montrer quel est le contexte matériel, économique et sociale qui façonne l’étude du cerveau. Je suis à la recherche de chercheurs (de tous les niveaux) pour participer à une enquête sociologique sur les bases de données en neurosciences. Les volontaires seront conviés pour un premier entretien (d’une durée approximative d’une heure) qui pourra être suivi de rencontres supplémentaires selon les disponibilités. Les entretiens aborderont des sujets tels que : la conception des bases des données et les contraintes qu’elles posent; la collaboration entre chercheurs et curateurs; les pratiques de partage des données et les nouvelles normes de circulation des connaissances. Les scientifiques intéressés sont conviés à me contacter à cette adresse: giulia.anichini@ehess.fr
Merci d’avance pour votre collaboration.

Giulia Anichini
http://centre-norbert-elias.ehess.fr/index.php?1936

Thanks for you participation.