Digitization pen

Last two scans, when I used the pen to do the head digitization, I found it very difficult to mark each point. I had to apply a significant amount of strength in the button to get each point in the StimPC. Is this expected? I remember that last year, around August, I didn’t have any trouble at all. Is there something that can be done about it?

Indeed, it started doing this about 2 weeks ago. My best guess is that EEG paste got inside and should be cleaned. Unfortunately, there’s no screw so I think it would be difficult to open without damaging it. I’ll contact the company.

Note also another issue that started recently: sometimes it just doesn’t work. The fix is to unplug and replug the USB cable at the back of the StimPC (it has a Polhemus tag), perhaps in another USB plug. If you change plug, you’ll have to open the Windows Device Manager, look under ports and note the COM# (not COM1, the other one that says USB to Serial). Then adjust the Digitizer settings in Brainstorm to that COM port number. The window opens automatically when it doesn’t have the right number.

Finally, I’m working on making it work on the RealTimePC, but it’s not yet (adapter driver issues).

Oh, ok. I might need a more detailed explanation for the port change. :thinking:
I will try to check that out tomorrow, and if I manage to solve it, I will make a small tutorial here.